How to Make Home Movies with the Movavi Video Editor
On August 20, 2015 At 10:10 am
Category : Business
Responses : Comments are off for this post
Nowadays home movies are no longer the low-quality pixelated videos of yesteryear. Instead, they have evolved so much so many home movies actually resemble professional productions both in terms of quality and polish. The reason for this is simple: Video editing allows even beginners to add a certain amount of production value to their home videos.
The Movavi Video Editor is perfect in this regard. By offering an astonishing blend of intuitive user-friendliness along with powerful features, it has everything that you need to transform your amateur home videos into professional-quality videos. And the best part is, it won’t even be difficult to do so.
Creating and Editing a Home Movie
Needless to say before you edit the home movie that you want to create you first need to have the footage to do so. It is up to you where you source your footage from, but nowadays most people tend to just capture it using their smartphones or camcorders.
Once you have your footage, just follow these few simple steps to make your own movie:
- Add your videos to the Movavi Video Editor by clicking on ‘Add Media Files’ and selecting it.
- Switch the editing mode to Storyboard.
- Drag and drop the videos that you added into the Storyboard based on the ord in which you want them to appear.
- Choose whether or not you want to add stylish transitions between your videos. If you do, open the ‘Fades’ panel and select the transition you like by dragging and dropping it between the videos.
- If you want to add a soundtrack to your video, drag and drop an audio file into the working area (it will automatically switch the editing mode to Timeline when you do so).
- Remove any unwanted footage by trimming it. When you’re in Timeline mode just move the red marker and click on the ‘Scissors’ button to snip your video into two pieces at that point. Then select the piece you don’t want and delete it.
- When you’re happy with your home movie, save it using one of the numerous presets available for different platforms to optimize it.
If you like there are other features that you could experiment with – including some that will let you add special effects, filters, and much more. Go ahead and try them out!